The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Monday 19 July 2010

This and That

"Come on Jane - we've got a bit of time before dinner. Let's go down to the boat and get some jobs done. There's this and that, and this and that, and this and that to do", I said.

"Okay", said 'erindoors.

We arrived, after two minutes' walk from home, with watering can for The Pots On My Plant Boat, and we climbed aboard, with the on-lookers from the pub watching us from behind. We dutifully nourished the geraniums that friends had so kindly brought for us the day before.

Then we went to the back of the boat (or stern, as I've been informed it's called) and prepared ourselves for the tasks that lay ahead.

"First, I'll just have a sit down and taste this bottle of wine that Andy gave us yesterday", I said.

And this was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment