The boat 'MISS BAUDET' is a garden, party venue, writers' retreat and HQ for serious meetings with my publisher David

Saturday 21 October 2017

Do Judge A Book By The Cover


A book cover is very important, isn't it?

In one fleeting glance it has to convey what the book's about, what its genre is, when and where it's set, and who the author is.

How great it would be for an author to have such a following that they have a captive audience of readers eagerly awaiting their next publication, only needing to have the book's title and their name on the jacket, to be enough to sell zillions of copies.

I'm unfortunately not in that category, so the design of the cover is ultra important for little ol' me.

I'm hugely lucky to have had Muddy Water's cover designed by my friend, editor and publisher, David Roberts, and he did a damned fine job on it too.

Now, with publication of Florida Key looming on the horizon, it's that time again to begin work in ernest on its jacket.

I think this is my favourite part of the whole project. It's the time when I can finally believe that it really is actually happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment